Make sure to put all your answers in your notebook!
I. Write down today's agenda. Then, write down your big room plan (Big room is in the morning today!) Get both plans okayed with Mr. Barribeau!
II. Video Lesson of the Day: Story Elements!
III. Read, Write, and Watch (BELOW!) Record answers in notebook. Then, do morning exercises!
IV. Complete Math of Problem of Day (In notebook!! Then, show Mr. B!)
V. Language Skills! (Correct the sentence in your notebook!! Then, show Mr. B! )
VI. 15 Minutes of IXL at Grade level in Geometry!
(Click here for IXL Link)
VII. Write about it! Using Dialogue. Write a conversation people might have at a restaurant. See below for more details!
VIII. Complete Play Ball Project! Here is the link (Click).
IX. Shoot for Loot!
X. Nametag tag! Write a positive adjective on a name tag and give to a a classmate!
XI. GOAL / WORK CHECK-IN (MR. B WILL CALL YOU TODAY!)
Play Ball Project! (Click here to visit Project Page!)
Video Lessons of the Day:
Learn about story elements!
Fresh Fancy French Toast Sticks & Cheesy Omelet
Brilliant Bountiful Beef Nacho Salad
Humble Harmonizing Ham, Turkey, & Cheese Sandwich
Playful PB & J Sandwich
Writing Dialogue Lesson!
Watch the presentation! Then, write a restaurant conversation. You must include at least four different exchanges of conversation. This means you will at least have four paragraphs (Remember, to indent with each new speaker! Write your restaurant dialogue in your notebook and submit it below!
Choose the sentence that is written correctly.
Analogies of the Day
What is an analogy? Click here!
Analogy Practice (5 minutes!) Click here
1. king: queen: : prince: _________________
2. bread: eat : : milk: ___________________
3. come: go : : up: _____________________
4. arm: hand : : leg: ____________________
5. ice : cold : : fire: _____________________
6. wet: dry : : asleep:____________________
7. ___________ : wrong : : false: true
8. (8+7) : (___________): : (9+9) : (10+8)
9. + : - :: x : _______________
10. Pacific: ocean : : Earth : ______________
11. bury: buried : : cry : _________________
12. seven : fourteen : : three : _____________
13. sail : sale : : see : ____________________
14. airplane : wings : : car : _______________
15. near : far : : here : ___________________
SENTENCE OF THE DAY!
Write a interrogative sentence (Command) that includes personification!
Use one of your vocabulary words. (Write sentence in notebook and on the link on the morning survey page)
Vocabulary List: (Click here)
Math Problem of the Day!
Megan had 8 fifty dollar bills, 8 twenty dollar bills, 4 ten dollar bills, 6 five dollar bills, 8 one dollar bills, 8 quarters, 4 dimes, 40 nickels, and 4 pennies. He bought a a pair of horseshoes for $12.39, an edible saddle for $23.89, and a pony for $322.01. How much money did she have left after the transactions?
Read, Write, & Watch: The Power of Action!
Reading Passage of the Day!
Make sure to put all your answers in complete sentences in your notebook!
Christmas is my favorite holiday. My grandmother makes ham, salad, and cupcakes on Christmas. I also get a present on Christmas! Last year I got a new set of paint brushes. This year I hope to get new pencils and a drawing pad. I always have fun on Christmas.
Halloween is another good holiday. My grandmother makes candy corn and cupcakes on Halloween. People wear costumes during Halloween. Last year I wore a skeleton costume. This year I am going to wear a zombie costume.
July 4 is a good holiday. July 4 is the birthday of the United States of America. My grandmother makes hot dogs and salad on July 4. I don’t have to go to school on July 4. But I don’t get any presents either. If I got presents on July 4 it would be my favorite holiday.
1) When does the author’s grandmother make cupcakes?
III. July 4
A. I only
B. I and II only
C. I, II, and III
2) Which holiday does the author like most?
3) Based on the things the author gets for Christmas, we can understand that he likes
4) What is the author’s favorite thing about holidays?
A. not going to school
B. eating candy
C. getting presents
5) What costume did the author wear for Halloween last year?
A. a skeleton costume
B. a zombie costume
C. a pumpkin costume
6) Based on what you know about the author, what costume will he probably wear next year?
A. a pumpkin costume
B. a flower costume
C. a ghost costume
7) This story is mainly about
A. why the author likes some holidays
B. how someone can get out of school
C. which foods are the best to eat on different holidays
8) What is the best title for this passage?
A. The Holidays I Like
B. Why Christmas is Best
C. Hot Dogs and Salad
8) What main genre is the is the passage?
Music Video of the Day!
Make the ordinary... Extraordinary!
Invent a new kind of toast! Write a short paragraph on the steps in making your toast! Make sure it is neat. Then, create an advertisement for your toast in google presentations! Make sure your advertisement has five adjectives and five adverbs. Also, make sure your advertisement has all four kinds of sentences! Then, make toast!