Terrific Timely Talented Thursday,
Make sure to put all your answers in your notebook!
Today, you need just to write down the blue colored parts of your agenda! Make sure to complete these items first! The blue is new! Then, go back and finish the remaining parts of the agenda!
I. Record Agenda! Do the Awesome Rating! Watch Inspire!
II. Choose a morning exercise! Then, grade yourself!
III. Daily Comprehension Skills and Thrills!
(Pick these up from table!)
I. Biography Roberto Clemente
II. Summary 24
III. Main Idea 13
IV. Daily Grammar: Subjects and Pronouns
V. Math and Creative Thinking
VI. Complete the video lesson: Summary.
VII. Read the summary activity below the video!
VIII. Complete Reading Passage: The Library
Reading Comprehension 2 Passage: Galls
IX. Complete Math Problems of the Day
Problem 1 -Money
Problem 2 - Parts of a whole
Problem 3 - Data
X. Complete Read, Write, and Watch! Roberto Clemente
XI. Complete Analogies!
XII. Complete Language Skills
XIII. Complete Sentence of the Day!
IVX. Complete Figurative Language Activity (click here)
XV. Complete Writing Dialogue Activity!
XVI. Complete M&M Science Lab (Click here!)
XVII. Complete M&M Probability (Click here!)
XVIII. Complete 15 minutes of IXL at Grade Level Geometry!
IXX. Play the Figurative Language Game! (Click here)
XX. Work on Hero Project! (Click here)
XXI. Work on Play Ball Project (Click here)
XXII. Show notebook to Mr. B for payment!
INSPIRE: DREAM + VISION + WORK =TALENT!
INSPIRE: PASSION Create something that doesn't exist!
What is Greatness?
Rational Romantic Rotini and Italien Meat Sauce
Terrific Tuned Tuna Salad Sandwich
Brave Beef Nacho Salad & Roll
Pondering Precious PB & J Round Sandwich
Play Ball Project! (Click here to visit Project Page!)
Video Lessons of the Day:
Learn about SUMMARY!!
PREFIX REVIEW (NEW QUESTIONS THIS WEEK!!
Prefix is a word part that is added to the front of a base word to change the meaning of that word. More than one prefix may mean the same thing.
Examples: the prefixes dis-, non-, and un- mean "not," or "the opposite of."
(Record all your answers in your notebook!)
2. UNDERLINE the correct answer.
Example: bi– a. same b. twice (two times) c. wrong
1. dis– a. not b. after c. again
2. im– a. not b. before c. wrong
3. mis– a. correctly b. wrongly c. after
4. pre– a. before b. not c. wrongly
5. re– a. correctly b. again c. after
PREFIX ROOT NEW WORD MEANING
E: (mis–) understood misunderstood not understood
1. (bi–) weekly _ __________________ ___________________
2. (dis–) belief _ __________________ ___________________
3. (im–) possible _ ________________ ____________________
4. (re–) read _ ___________________ ____________________
5. (re–) start _ __________________ ____________________
6. (re–) fill _ ___________________ ____________________
Math Problem of the Day! #1 Money
Gianna had 3 fifty dollar bills, 4 twenty dollar bills, 8 ten dollar bills, 10 five dollar bills, 10 one dollar bills, 2 quarters, 4 dimes, 8 nickels, and 2 pennies. She bought a a pair of fancy shoes for $29.11, an edible egg for $26.41
Math Problem of the Day! #2 Fractions
Oliver bought 12 ping pong balls. 2/3 of them were red! How many red ping pong balls did he buy?
Math Problem of the Day: #3 Data
Find the mode, mean, median, outlier, and range!
Quentin went bowling five days last week! These were his scores!
Tuesday - 20
Thursday - 30
Read, Write, & Watch: The Power of Kindness!
Writing Dialogue Lesson! Part 4
Watch the presentation! Then, write about a conversation that would take place before a big race (of any kind... You decided!!) You must include at least four different exchanges of conversation with at least two speakers!. This means you will at least have four paragraphs (Remember, to indent with each new speaker! Write your race dialogue in your notebook and submit it below!
Analogies of the Day
Learning Pages and Activities:
What is an analogy? Click here!
Analogy Practice (5 minutes!) Click here
Please put all answer in your notebook!
1. cow : farm ____object / location____
2. toe : foot _____part / whole______
3. watch : TV _____________________
4. bank : money _____________________
5. you : ewe _____________________
6. happy : unhappy _____________________
7. listen : radio _____________________
8. their : they’re _____________________
9. inning : ballgame _____________________
10. knife : cut _____________________
11. safe : dangerous _____________________
12. carrots : soup _____________________